Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New Dangers of Junk Food or How I Almost Lost My Finger Getting Ice Cream

In an effort to boost morale, we had an ice cream party at work on Monday.

Photobucket

Since then, there has been a bonanza of left-over ice cream in the refrigerator at work.

This is a problem for me because I am trying to avoid growing another chin--but goddamn I can't resist a frosty treat.

Yesterday I had mint chocolate chip. Today cookies and cream.

Having only access to plastic spoons at the office, I was having a hell of a time getting the ice cream out.

Ah ha! I'll use this big kitchen knife to actually cut the ice cream out.

Photobucket


Genius!



Photobucket


FAIL!


I don't know how, but I managed to basically slice my finger open in three separate places. The worst part is it took me more than five minutes to realize that I was hurt because I was so focused on eating my ice cream.

Photobucket

I have a problem.

Tomorrow, vanilla heath bar crunch and perhaps a severed thumb.

No comments: